Key Verse 1:8 “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
- Over the 40 days between his resurrection and his ascension, what did Jesus teach his disciples? (3) What was the disciples’ misconception about the kingdom? (6; cf. Joel 2:28-3:1)
- What kind of power would they receive when the Holy Spirit comes on them? (8; Luke 24:49) What does Jesus mean, “You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth”?
- Why did Jesus leave the apostles instead of staying to help them? (John 16:7) How did God plant hope of Jesus’ second coming in their hearts? (11)
- While waiting for the Holy Spirit, what did they do in spite of the danger they faced? (14; cf. John 20:19)
- Why did Peter bring up the matter of Judas the betrayer? (15-19) Why was it necessary to add another man to fill up the number 12? (21-22)
- How does the Holy Spirit enable us to be Jesus’ witnesses?