Key Verse 2:30 “For my eyes have seen your salvation.”
- What are the three things Joseph and Mary did according to the Law of the Lord? (21-24; Genesis 17:1-4; Leviticus 12:1-6; Exodus 13:12-13) What does their offering reveal about their family? (24; Leviticus 12:8; 2 Corinthians 8:9)
- Who was Simeon and what does it mean that he was waiting for the consolation of Israel? (25-28)
- What does Simeon mean by “My eyes have seen your salvation”? (30) What does it mean that Jesus is a light to the Gentiles? (32; cf. Isaiah 49:6) Glory to Israel?
- What does it mean that Jesus will cause the falling and rising of many? (34, Luke 20:17-18, Ephesians 2:6) That a sword will pierce Mary’s soul? (35)
- Who was Anna and how did she overcome her sorrowful situation? (36-38)What can we learn from Simeon and Anna about how to live as we wait for Jesus’ second coming?