We have Bible workshop for inductive Bible study with Dr. Mark Yang on November 24 (Fri) and 25 (Sun).
North York: Nov 24 (Friday), 7-9pm, Nov 25 (Sat), 10am-7pm.
If you are interested, please let me know.
- Reading: 1 Sam chapters 1-2; Titus chapters 1-3
- Memorization: Requirement: 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Matthew 6:33; 1 Peter 2:1-3
- Memorization: Option: 1 Samuel 2:30b; Psalm 1:1-6; Psalm 139:1-3; Galatians 2:20
Group Exercise 1
- Read 1 Samuel chapters 1-2.
- Identify the type (genre) of literature
- Discover the facts: ask the 5 W’s and an H
- The five things to look for
- Thumb—Being emphasized
- Index finger—Being repeated
- Middle finger—related
- Ring finger—alike
- Little finger—unlike
- Find the main idea of chapters 1-2
Group Exercise 2
- Read the book of Titus.
- What words are the most repeated?
- What is the main theme of the book?
- Find a key verse of the book and give a title to the entire book.
- How can you interpret this book through Christ?
Group Exercise 3
- What bothers you in your life of faith?
- What do you think is the root cause of your problem? In two ways:
- How has my cultural background affected my spiritual life?
- What are my deep wounds?
- What do you think you need to improve spiritually