Key Verse 2:11 “Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.”
1. What was the purpose of the census? (1) How did it affect Joseph and Mary? (3-5) How did God use Caesar Augustus to fulfill the prophecy? (Matthew 2:5-6)
2. What does “no room for them in the inn” suggest about the people of that time? (7) Why was Jesus born in such miserable circumstances?
3. Why did God announce the birth of Jesus to shepherds, not to kings or high priest? (8-9)
4. What does it mean that “A Savior has been born to you”? (Matthew 1:21; John 1:29) What does it mean that he is “the Messiah, the Lord”? Why is this good news of great joy for all people? (10-11)
5. What was the sign that the angel gave to validate the message? (12) How does the birth of Jesus glorify God? (14) To whom does Jesus bring peace?